Welcome to my A2 media blog. Continuing my journey into A2 media studies, I have been asked to produce a horror trailer, magazine and poster. I will be working in a group of four including myself. I believe this is going to be a new experience as although I worked in a pair, I haven't worked in a larger group so this experience will push me out of my comfort zone as I will be working with multiple people meaning I will have to bounce ideas off of them before taking any action.
I don't remember the first horror film I ever watched but certainly do recall one movie in particular from when I was younger which is The Hollow.
Watching this movie sent shivers down my spine being one that doesn't really watch horror films, however, this was the first movie that actually had me addicted and I wanted to watch more. This is probably my favorite movie of all time even though it may be a little old without the editing available today which is extraordinary.
Recently, I haven't been given the pleasure to enjoy horror films as I believe they are all so predictable. There aren't enough good cliff-hangers/plot twists these days as more or less all of the ideas have been used up. This therefore has led me away from watching movies all together.
The paranormal is one theme within a film which could send shivers down my spine. Something about the suspense of anything happening is an amazing sensation and the scare, even though it may not be pleasant at the time, it makes it worth the money.
Horror magazines attract me if there is gore and paranormal beings. Other than that, I won't really pay attention. On the other hand, I tend to enjoy a very suspenseful, action packed and sinister trailer which consists of extreme violence, guerrilla warfare and trapped moments.
During the production of my poster/trailer, I will be aiming to create a hair raising, unique and spine tingling story combined with the paranormal and a murderous sociopath. The reason for this is that the suspense of the unseen plus somebody who is unstoppable will create serious anxiety within the audience which is the overall objective. I need to create a dark, evil look so my aim is to keep the images I use with low lighting along with bold colours such as red for the font to ensure the text attracts readers and viewers.
I am most excited for the production of this trailer as it is something totally different. Making this trailer allows me to develop skills in editing and also presents me with the opportunity to visit different areas and use different shots, techniques and costume to horrify my groups' audience.

No comments:
Post a Comment