Friday, 3 November 2017

Research rationale

To gain insight on what the horror audience today enjoy, I will be conducting research using methods such as questionnaires and interviews. I will be targeting the ages fifteen to twenty five and will use two different types of questionnaires and two types of interviews. The first type of questionnaire that I will be using is the five-point scale in which I will give the following options Rarely, Occasionally, Sometimes, frequently and often. This will not provide me with the most accurate results, however will give me enough to make a judgement. The only reason why this is slightly inaccurate is because of the fact that every person's view on these words may be slightly different.

The other type of questionnaire I will be using is a simple interview structured questionnaire where there will be a question asked such as 'What is your favorite type of horror?' and the person filling it in has to give a response with slightly more detail than the previous questionnaire. This will allow me to place together my two results from the questionnaires and get an overall answer for the questions I have.

In addition to this, the interviews I will be using is by first getting an audience of my age range and then giving them several trailers to watch and then ask them for their opinions and also record their reactions. The other interview I will be using is by simply having my target audience sat in front of a camera and I will be asking for their opinion on horror today and what they enjoy to watch.

The resources I will require are as following:

  • A camera to record the interviews I will be conducting
  • The internet to access websites on which I can make surveys on
  • Microsoft Office Word/Power Point to create the five point scale

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Enigma Trailer (Final)