During the period of this task, I have developed many skills. The main skills I have been training are those of editing. I created the first plan of the magazine and poster while my team were editing the trailer. Completing this task has allowed me to understand what a real horror poster, magazine and trailer look like. I also took part in the shooting of the photos for the front cover and poster by giving ideas on different ways we could place the lighting on Kwamina to create shadows for effects of darkness. Also, we used many slightly transparent materials such as red and blue tissue paper in order to generate a different colour of light which was aided by the use of a tints on Photoshop, allowing for a deep red and blue for the cover and magazine.
After this, I asked my peers within my class on advice as to how to improve this. It was found that the layout chosen did not work well for the type of magazine and poster we were going for. Also, there was too much text on one page which meant that the main focus was lost among everything else. After obtaining this advice, myself and my team switched roles so Sophia and Nidhi worked on the magazine while I was editing. I placed the clock into Adobe Premiere and helped with the creation of our logo for our trailer.
Sophia and Nidhi came up with the current magazine on my blog and I created the poster. The poster in my opinion was the easiest task, the most difficult part of it was the picture but after that was done, I had completed this poster within a day. The magazine however was slightly more difficult. Due to having to think of relevant text to place on the magazine cover, the issue became more of what needs to be removed rather than what should we keep as again, there was too much text flooding the page.
No comments:
Post a Comment